The problem we solve: Currently data collection happens on paper/EMR records. This is then transcribed into pharma portals (Medidata Rave or Oracle inform). It is stored in siloed servers. Periodic analytics is done to monitor the status of the drug trial. AI/ML technologies are not used in drug trials, automation with these technologies can reduce costs and speed up drug development.
About our solution: Data collection happens in front of the subject (eSource). Any patient reported outcomes, video, audio and IoT/device data is again captured at source. Secure storage is in HIPAA compliant cloud servers. Real-time AI powered analytics is fed back to the study tablets. There is complete 21CFR Part 11 and HIPAA compliance, including audit trail of all the data entered, investigator signatures and secure access to the study tablets. The AI based trial assistant (chatbot) provides assistance to both patients and the trial staff. Predictive analytics provides Pharma’s with the trajectory of the trial in real-time. This can include the endpoints, site status and study outcomes.Progress to date:
We have developed the product including the data collection and analytics. We are currently working on machine learning models and the patient app. We are starting work on three expanded access clinical trials (~100K revenue potential). We are in discussions with big pharma (Genentech, Merck, Novartis and Pfizer, CROs (DCRI and IQVIA), SMOs (Elligo Research) and Medical device companies (Abbott and Medtronic). Our go to market customers will be biotechs, small pharma and med device companies.
Creator: Sridhar Byrappa
Education: Rush University, University of Illinois at Ch
Bio: Sridhar Byrappa (CEO) has 10+ years experience working on large global trials at Merck, Accenture and Wyeth. He has a PhD and an MBA.
Advanced Degree(s): PhD, MBA
CTO, Master of Science, Bachelors of Engineering
Biography: Varsha Venkatesh, our CTO is a data scientist with an MS in Computational Neuroscience from Max Planck Research Institute. She has experience working in Artificial intelligence/machine learning models both in academia and industry.
Advanced Degree(s): Master of Science, Bachelors of Engineering
CMO, Bachelors in Communication
Biography: John Stevens, our CMO, has done his bachelors in Communications and has 15+ years work experience in marketing and clinical research.
Advanced Degree(s): Bachelors in Communication
We make participation in clinical trials easier for patients:
- With remote data collection tools patients can provide trial data remotely, which means fewer vists to clinical tiral sites.
- Patients are kept informed and engaged in the clinical trials. Our chatbots provide answers to trial specific questions.
- Finally our platform allows patients to reach the trial sponsor or monitor easily, getting their concerrns addressed quickly and remotely.
For the trial physicians
- We provide a data platform enables trial physicians to enter trial data painlessly. This means faster trial data collection at source.
- With trial chatbots, we provide protocol related information at the point of care, this means no rummaging through documents to look for specific trial information. This chatbots can provide inclusion/exclusion criteria, trial checklists and videos of any trial procedures.
- Finally, with fewer data entry and query resolution burdens, trial investigators can enroll greater number of patients in clinical trials.
For hospitals, we make it painless to administer drug trials. Our mobile data platform makes it easy for hospitals to run drug trials. It drastically reduces paper work and administrative burden.
No updates found .
Help us find best new ideas to fund by telling us what you think. Your feedback goes straight to the team behind this project in private, so tell them what you really think.